The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Underrated


2017 Stadium Club Auto Tyler Glasnow /50

Obviously Stadium Club is not underrated.  It is universally  loved in our community as the best looking new set. I don't know if you can trust someone who doesn't think this set looks great on a year to year basis.

Where it might be a little underrated is rookie autos.  In baseball Bowman and Heritage are kings in terms of the rookie autograph.  I'll happily take a Stadium Club rookie auto for a fraction of the price. Glasnow obviously is cheap to begin with, but if I were to buy a red ink Heritage auto it would still cost me a pretty penny.  This gold parallel only set me back around $6 shipped.  Not too shabby.

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've never figured out why the SC rookie autos are so much cheaper. If I had to rank the sets (aesthetically speaking) ... I would definitely put SC #1, followed by Heritage and then Bowman. But, it actually kind of seems like the pricing for rookie autos is just the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree with that ranking. For some reason Chrome and Heritage have become the "prospector" sets.

      Delete
  2. Ssshhhhh. Lets keep him underrated and affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely buy rookie autographs... but I have been trying to nail down the Altuve autos from SC for awhile now. Sadly... they aren't going for $6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah....I can usually get Pirate rookie autos relatively cheap. The last "hot" rookie right out of the gate was Austin Meadows and he has really slowed down price wise.

      Delete
  4. That Glasnow card from 2017 Stadium Club is one of my favorites of the whole set, and that's saying a lot.

    ReplyDelete